xfs root filesystem on SGI 1450?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: xfs root filesystem on SGI 1450?
From: Dave Strout <dstrout@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 06:00:13 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Does anybody have any idea why the kernel that's on the RH7.1
ISO image locks up on an SGI 1450?  The regular RH 7.1 CD works
just fine, but the XFS iso locks while probing for hda.

My config is:
SGI 1450, 1GB ram, 5x32GB SCSI HD on DAC960 raid controller,
2xPIII xeon @700MHz

One other sympton I noticed is that if I use 'expert' or 'linux
dd', I get into the text-mode anaconda, but it's _really_
slow.  /sbin/loader takes several minutes to get me to the "do
you have a driver disk" prompt, then locks up.

Floppies made from the iso produce the same results.....

Any ideas welcome.....

thanks,
dave.

--

"I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber
and am therefore excused from saving universes."