Re: mkinitrd hang

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mkinitrd hang
From: Walt H <waltabbyh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 20:52:23 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Oops. Looks like you got bit by the infamout loop fs bug. It didn't get fixed until 2.4.3. If you can, boot into a different kernel version and run mkinitrd. Also, if I recall correctly, there was a link to a patch which corrected it on < 2.4.3 kernels - sorry I don't have the link handy. I had the same problem here, but I have both devel and stable branches built concurrently and used the devel branch to run mkinitrd.

-Walt

William L. Jones wrote:

mkinitrd is hanging on a mkfs on the loop back device.
Has any one seen this problem.

I am runing linux-2.4-xfs-r1.0 build with kcc on a amd running Redhat 7.1.

Bil Jones