New thread: Manually creating the 2.4.4 XFS tree

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: New thread: Manually creating the 2.4.4 XFS tree
From: Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 14:44:50 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I should've been more specific. I was under the assumption that you
couldn't really use devfsd if devfs was not compiled into the kernel.
Sorry for the confusion. What I really want to do is patch a 2.4.4 kernel
to use XFS without using devfs. That part I don't think would be an issue,
and I understand all that's involved here. One thing I'd like to be able
to do though is to know how to properly patch a 2.4.4 kernel upto xfs.
Should I get a 2.4.2 kernel, patch it with xfs, then patch it up to 2.4.4?
Ideas?

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA