Re: linux-2.4-xfs-1.0.patch

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: linux-2.4-xfs-1.0.patch
From: Igor Pruchanskiy <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 20:48:51 -0700
Cc: Igor Pruchanskiy <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
What am i expecting from those patches?
hm.. this is a good question....
Me, as well, as other users of 2.4.x, expecting XFS-Release-1.0
                                                    ^^^^^^^
Isn't it ? and i would assume that "vanilla 2.4.x" would include
.0, .1, .2, .3 and .4 ...

> vanilla 2.4.2
Um... month and a half old....

> RH7.1
> Mandrake 8.0
Thanks , but no thanks.There are _other_ distributions
I use slackware.... And correct me if i am wrong, but isn't RH7.1 using 2.4.2 ?
And isn't mandrake the same thing with different installer and config tools ?

If yes, then all the development tree you guys are talking about is redhat....
redhat != linux

I really appologize if i affended anyone but there are lots of people that use
other distributions and non-stock kernels....

Sincerely,
igor