Re: linux-2.4-xfs-1.0.patch

To: Igor Pruchanskiy <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: linux-2.4-xfs-1.0.patch
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 23:11:04 -0500
Cc: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Igor Pruchanskiy wrote:

> The funny thing is that either one of the patches applys cleanly on it's own.
> but as soon as you start adding a second patch it starts complaining.....

I'm not sure what you are expecting of these patches but please take a moment
to understand what a patch is for before blinding applying applying things.

I will have to says thing are getting out of hand in terms of shear number of
kernels and patches that are being produced and attempted.

Currently I have 4 different trees for the 1.0 release.
vanilla 2.4.2
vanilla 2.4.3
RH7.1
Mandrake 8.0
and a 5th just waiting to be completed
vanilla 2.4.4

And the 6th tree: current which fortunately has only one flavor and
is usually up to date with Linus's releases.

The only 2 trees that have been extensively test are the 2.4.2 and the RH7.1,
everything else should used with caution and a willingness to put up with
potential problems.

-Russell