Re: Errr... what's all this about then?

To: Juha Saarinen <juha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Errr... what's all this about then?
From: utz@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 01:46:12 +0200
Cc: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

Juha Saarinen [juha@xxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> The system takes a long time to come up (presumably because of the
> xfs_create errors?) and I get a few " Unknown Error 990" messages in the
> process, as the system can't create files in /var/run for the processes...

I made today a fresh installation on one system (sgi XFS 1.0 install CD).

I just tried the gcc-2.96-81 for kernel again. I got an "Unknown Error 990"
and boot failed because /var/run was corrupted and umounting my nfs mounted
/home failed. I booted the install CD in rescue mode and run xfs_check and
xfs_repair. There were a lot of errors and about 20 files linkt to
lost+found. They are mostly PID files from /var/run/.

I installed the redhat 7.0 kgcc an recompiled the kernel (same source). No
problemes with it. The source is from cvs about 4 hours ago.

Maybe it is an compiler issue.

utz