RE: For when a new stable release?

To: John Trostel <jtrostel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: For when a new stable release?
From: Tom Duffy <tduffy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 09:06:32 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Mário Gamito <mg-listas@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ML do XFS <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > BTW, when that day comes, i suppose i won't have to re-format the
> > partition, right?
>
> Did you reformat the partition to support XFS this time?  If you have already
> formatted the partition to be XFS, I think it would be pretty unlikely you
> will
> need to reformat later.  From what I can gather, the IRIX XFS format has been
> around long enough that they (SGI) want to maintain the format.

the XFS format will stay the same forever (at least the foreseeable
future)...there are certain portions which could change version, but the
old versions would still be supported.  like the directory format on linux
defaults to version 2 where on irix, it uses v1.  but, you should be able
to use both in linux and irix.

-tduffy