vmware broken again:

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: vmware broken again:
From: pac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 19:00:30 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

  I just fixed the vmware modules two work with 2.4.X kernels,
  now it looks like you have returned the code to its original state.
  I used the old modules from vmware, but now the system locks up tight
  (the whole, system, no consoles, cant ssh/telnet in).

 Using 2.4.3-xfs kernel tree, on Duron system.
Linux bistro 2.4.3-xfs #1 Thu May 3 11:52:51 CDT 2001 i686 unknown

--

 Here is the info I used to "fix" the problem in the first place
 for 2.4.2 and above kernels (no XFS)

>> : patch -p0 < patch-skb
>> patching file vmnet-only/vnetInt.h
>> Hunk #1 FAILED at 16.
>> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file vmnet-only/vnetInt.h.rej
>>
>>  Im not patch expert, so Im sorta lost.. i attached the file just in
>>   case you can illuminate the problem.
>
>Maybe you need to remove '\r' from my patch, if your news browser did
>not do it: tr -d "\r" < patch-skb > patch-skb-ok; patch -p0 < patch-skb-ok
                                                >
>'patch' program just removes lines marked with '- ' and adds lines
>marked with '+ ' into file, checking that '  ' marked lines are really
>in file to verify that it patches correct file at correct position.
>
>If it will not help, just replace
>
>skb_datarefp(clone) == skb_datarefp(skb)
>
>with
>
>skb_shinfo(clone) == skb_shinfo(clone)
>
>In old kernels there was only reference counter at the end of SKB, so
>function was named skb_datarefp(). Now there is more info stored here,
>so function was renamed to skb_shinfo() (from SHared INFOrmation)...

  -Phil C.
| P. A. Carinhas, Ph.D.        |  pac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx      |
| Fortuitous Technologies Inc. |  http://fortuitous.com   |
| Linux Training Services      |  Tel : 1-512 467-2154    |
| Contract, In-house, & Onsite |  800 : 1-877 467-2154    |