Re: RH 7.1 installer errors

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RH 7.1 installer errors
From: "Martin K. Petersen" <mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01 May 2001 17:00:48 -0400
Cc: Michael Steigman <steigman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

>> The installation went fine after loading the update disk. However,
>> upon reboot, raidautorun reports "failed to open /dev/md0" which
>> obviously leads to a kernel panic (my / is on md0). Suggestions?

Eric> Hm... hopefully Martin or Russell can speak to this - I don't
Eric> have any raid machines here, and have not ever tested it...

Eric> Could this be a devfs thing?  Has /dev/md0 moved to /dev/md/0
Eric> perhaps?  If devfsd hasn't started, the compatibility links
Eric> won't be there if / isn't even mounted.

That's probably the case, yes.

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/