Re: RH 7.1 installer errors

To: Michael Steigman <steigman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RH 7.1 installer errors
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 14:21:29 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Michael Steigman wrote:

> Eric,
>
> Slight correction to your instructions - type "linux updates" ;-)

Ack, I knew that, typing too fast.  Sorry...

> The installation went fine after loading the update disk. However, upon
> reboot, raidautorun reports "failed to open /dev/md0" which obviously
> leads to a kernel panic (my / is on md0). Suggestions?

Hm... hopefully Martin or Russell can speak to this - I don't have any
raid machines here, and have not ever tested it...

Could this be a devfs thing?  Has /dev/md0 moved to /dev/md/0 perhaps?
If devfsd hasn't started, the compatibility links won't be there if /
isn't even mounted.

-Eric