Re: cmd/xfstests/032 failed

To: Takayuki Sasaki <sasaki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: cmd/xfstests/032 failed
From: "Nathan Scott" <nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 09:06:00 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

On May 16,  4:35pm, Takayuki Sasaki wrote:
> Subject: cmd/xfstests/032 failed
>
> > mkfs.xfs: Use the -f option to force overwrite
> > Failed - overwrote fs type jfs!
> Failures: 032
> Failed 1 of 1 tests
>
> I checked cmd/xfsprogs/mkfs/mountinfo.c, and I guess this may be caused
> by
> fstype() which does not check whether the file system is jfs or not.
>
> Any sugestions?

Yes, this was discussed a little while ago in the context of
detecting reiserfs.  The answer is the same - the mountinfo.c
code is the same as the code in:
        util-linux-2.XX/mount/mount_guess_fstype.c
if you add support for detection of jfs/reiserfs/... in mount,
it will find its way into mkfs.xfs soon thereafter.

There's a little program in the xfsprogs/mkfs subdirectory which
can help with testing -
        # cd cmd/xfsprogs; make; cd mkfs; make fstyp
Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the jfs/reiserfs
superblock locations, magic numbers, etc, so I can't help out
here... the folk on the jfs/reiserfs lists should be able to
help you though.

cheers.

--
Nathan