Re: xfs on small memory

To: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs on small memory
From: Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 10:43:30 +0200
>received: from mobile.sauter-bc.com (unknown [10.1.6.21]) by basel1.sauter-bc.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id CEE5E57306 for <linux-xfs@oss.sgi.com>; Tue, 15 May 2001 10:48:22 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I made the lowmem test with my test machine. It is a pentium 200 and
I used 12MB of ram. The disks are two Quantum Fireballs 15GB with DMA
enabled. The disks have 3 partitions each configured as RAID 1.
/dev/md0 /boot  (50M)
/dev/md2 /      (14G)
/dev/md1 swap   (500M)

The RAID /dev/md2 was syncing while I ran hevy NFS and disk to disk
copy traffic and I updated some RPMS. Everything worked very fine!!!
No crash, no endless swapping.
The same test with only 8MB ram was a pain because lack of ressources.

--
Simon Matter              Tel:  +41 61 695 57 35
Fr.Sauter AG / CIT        Fax:  +41 61 695 53 30