Re: XFS & Kickstart installation

To: werner maes <werner.maes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS & Kickstart installation
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 15:21:30 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
werner maes wrote:

> I've done another test on a machine without hardware RAID (my first tests
> were done on a machine
> with a hardware RAID controller). I get a similar error: "Error mounting
> device sda1 as /: No such
> device. This most likely means that the partition has not been formatted."

Not sure what's going on here, I tried a kickstart install on scsi
drives (disabled the IDE controller for the HD, the CDROM was still
enabled) and it worked just fine.  I tried a combination of ext2 and xfs
filesystems, that worked too.  I don't have any RAID device to test it
on.

Below is the ks.cfg file I used (stripped of comments...)

-Eric

keyboard us
lang en_US
install
mouse  none
timezone --utc US/Central
auth --enablemd5 --useshadow
rootpw kickmeRH
lilo --append "mem=128M" --location partition
zerombr no
part / --size 250 --fs ext2
part swap --size 32 --fs xfs
part /usr --size 500 --grow --maxsize 800
part /home --size 100
%packages
@ Networked Workstation

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.