Re: Mount Options

To: NORMAL <zoltan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mount Options
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 20:20:23 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
NORMAL wrote:

> Could someone tell me the mount options for a /var partition running qmail. I
> remember some discusstion about it, and someone mentioning biosize=13. Please
> enlightenment =)

Anything using "db" databases (so far, pine, sendmail, and rpm) would
likely benefit from using the "-o biosize=13" option.

The behavior caused by the above option (actually, better than that) is
now the default in the development tree.

> BTW, im working on the menu integration of the debian install so it will be
> easier to make a xfs partition.

Great!  Let us know when it's ready...  :)

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.