Re: Mystery Mouse

To: Ric Tibbetts <ric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mystery Mouse
From: Walt H <waltabbyh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 15:38:00 -0700
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Not sure if this is relevant and/or helpful, but I had a problem with my PS/2 mouse w/ Mandrake 7.2 due to the load order of gpm. I fixed it by changing the start number in the relevant runlevels in the /etc/rc.d/rcx.d directories. In my case, some other device (usb?) was attaching to IRQ 12 and screwing with the mouse. I just renamed the start file to make it startup prior to harddrake/kudzu. I don't have gpm installed on my system now and everything appears to work allright without it - hmmm.....

-Walt

Ric Tibbetts wrote:

All
I have an interesting conflict with my mouse, & kudzu.
It's a standard Logitech 3 button PS/2 Mouse. Nothing fancy. LM 8.0 & kudzu have
teamed up to make me miserable. Every time I boot, kudzu changes the state of the mouse. If it's connected &
happy, kudzu will claim that the mouse has been removed, and pop up the window
to confirm the removal of the device. On the next re-boot, it will detect the
mouse, and want to re-install it. This happens EVERY TIME I reboot. For now, I've removed kudzu fro the boot up procedure until I can figure this
out.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

        Thanks!