Re: Linux 2.4.4 + xfs

To: linux <dahouet@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Linux 2.4.4 + xfs
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 12:10:10 -0400
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
linux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i had a kernel 2.4.3 and i tried to compile it with xfs support in kernel
> and it failed ! i had gcc 2.95 , i installed kgcc with egcs 1.1.2
> and failed again. i didn't want to downgrade my kernel
> so i downloaded kernel 2.4.4.
> i applied the linux-2.4.4-xfs-TEST.patch (the
> linux-2.4.4-xfs-cvs-05022001.patch.gz
> didn't work for me).

Since I've manage to make some stupid mistakess when generating patches in
the past, I make sure to test the patches before I put them on oss.
I tested the CVS patch and it does work.
how did you try and apply it.

> and i managed to compile it with gcc 2.95 !
> so i have now a little partition with xfs : good
>
> but
>
> 1.how stable is xfs with kernel 2.4.4 ?

It's not, and some of the problems my be linux releated and not XFS, but
we need to track them down.

--
Russell Cattelan