Re: Mandrake RPM's

To: Ric Tibbetts <ric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mandrake RPM's
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 15:06:12 -0400
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Mandrake Install <install@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mandrake Kernel <kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ric Tibbetts wrote:

> Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
> >
> > Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >
> > > If you don't mind, I'll will put this link in our "news" segment on our
> > > web page?
> >
> > Sure.

> > > ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/testing/mdkl2.4.3-xfs.patch
> > > this was a real quick attempt to get it to compile, area that are suspect
> > > and may not be right :
> > > dquot.c
>
> To anyone that's interested. I applied this patch to a clean Mandrake 2.4.3
> kernel last night.
> It applied cleanly, and the resulting code compiled without error. The system
> booted normally, and all "looked" well. BUT: I have not done any testing! It
> was
> late when the build finished. I will be doing more with it over the week-end.

Note if you want quotas to work right grab the patch Nathan send out recently
it was for the RH build but the same error exists in the Mandrake build.

> But the preliminary view of it is: It works.

If your testing goes well I will spin a set of mandrake rpm and
put them up on the ftp site as "experimental"

> --
> Ric Tibbetts
> Boeing Shared Services Group
> UNIX System Administration
> Seattle Server Operations

Russell Cattelan
--
Digital Elves inc. -- Currently on loan to SGI
Linux XFS core developer.