Re: Problem setting up quotas ...

To: James Pearson <james-p@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problem setting up quotas ...
From: Jan Rekorajski <baggins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:00:18 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 03 May 2001, James Pearson wrote:

> I've just installed RedHat 7.1/XFS1.0 on a Athlon based system and I'm
> trying to get quotas working - so far without success.
>
> I've made a XFS file system and mounted it with -o quota and tried to
> follow the instructions in the quotaon man page and
> /usr/share/doc/xfsprogs/README.quota but get the following:
>
> # rpm -q quota
> quota-3.01-SGI_5
>
> # uname -r
> 2.4.2-SGI_XFS_1.0
>
> # mount | grep quota
> /dev/hda4 on /disk1 type xfs (rw,quota)
>
> # setquota james 600 800 15 20 /disk1
> Not all specified mountpoints are using quota.
>
> # repquota /disk1
> Not all specified mountpoints are using quota.
>
> # edquota james
> No filesystems with quota detected.
>
> I've also recompiled the kernel with CONFIG_QUOTA=y and
> CONFIG_XFS_QUOTA=y just in case the supplied kernel didn't have quotas
> enabled - but with the same results.
>
> Is there anything else I need to do?

I had the same problem. It may be the effect of misplaced patch.

Look in the fs/dquot.c file somewhere around line 1450,
and move the following after the if (special != NULL...) statement:

        if (sb && sb->s_op && sb->s_op->quotactl) {
                unlock_kernel();
                return sb->s_op->quotactl(sb, cmds, type, id, addr);
        }

        if (id & ~0xFFFF)
                goto out;

I don't know why, but it happened.

Jan
--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?