Re: Mandrake RPM's

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Mandrake RPM's
From: Joakim Bodin <joabo552@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 10:32:50 +0200
Cc: Sven Herzberg <herzi@xxxxxxxxxx>, Mandrake Install <install@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mandrake Kernel <kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Yes please.

Ok they are ready :

ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake-devel/contrib/RPMS/

it's :

acl-1.0.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
acl-devel-1.0.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
attr-1.0.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
attr-devel-1.0.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
xfsprogs-1.2.0-1mdk.i586.rpm
xfsprogs-devel-1.2.0-1mdk.i586.rpm
dmapi-0.1.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
dmapi-devel-0.1.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
xfsdump-1.0.5-1mdk.i586.rpm

and :

kernel-xfs-2.4.4-1mdk.i586.rpm

I've  build a patch against the 8.0 kernel src rpm, haven't tested it
yet but it does compile.
Anybody want help finish it.?

Could you send me the patch, i had a lot of conflict and i did the kernel-xfs on a vanilla 2.4.4 generated patch from cvs.

If fact I would to encourage some savvy installer programmer to add
XFS support to the mandrake installer. I've looked at the code and
see reiserfs is already in there shouldn't be to much work to add
xfs.

I already begin it, it should be fairly simple...

I'd just like to give thanks to Chmouel for theses packages and hopefully a xfs-enabled Mdk 8.1 install. Mdk is just getting better and better :)

Joakim Bodin