Re: Diffs for 2.4.4???

To: Fred Reimer <fwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Diffs for 2.4.4???
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 01:28:12 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 1 May 2001, Fred Reimer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Where are the diffs for Linux-2.4.4?  I didn't see any patches available
> on the web site, only access to your cvs system.  What version of the
> kernel are you basing your cvs off of anyway?  Under cvs I saw comments
> about 2.4.2.  Can anyone make a proper diff, as I believe this will
> increase the number of people using the software dramatically?

The 2.4.2 release is tested a lot and is fairly stable. It includes a lot
of patches depending on th used kernel.

The linux-2.4-xfs tree is based on 2.4.3 and the beta tree on 2.4.2.
There is a patch for 2.4.4 available on
ftp://linux-xfs.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/testing/
This one is not available in CVS before it is tested at SGI internally.

In a few days the linux-2.4-xfs cvs tree will probably updated to 2.4.4

Bye
Seth