Re: Why release XFS as patches against a kernel ?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Why release XFS as patches against a kernel ?
From: Michael Stone <mstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 16:57:24 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

A reference to that on http://linux-xfs.sgi.com/projects/xfs/?

>From that page:
>Source Code:
>A complete linux 2.4.x-based tree including the XFS filesystem is
>available for CVS checkout.
>Two distinct trees are available:
>linux-2.4-xfs: fast moving development tree
>linux-2.4-xfs-r1.0: XFS Linux Release 1.0
>Please refer to the  CVS instructions  for  details.
>CVSup  a much faster "File Distribution System" than cvs
>CVSWEB  a web based source tree browser

No reference to any patches there; it's often been non-intuitive to find
these, unless you already know that they're there. The "point & guess"
method's also been fairly hard today, because the ftp sites have been
overloaded (understandable, I think.) If you look at
ftp://linux-xfs.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/ you'll see a patches/
directory, but that's not right. You will eventually find the right
stuff in
ftp://linux-xfs.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/Release-1.0/patches/ but a
nice link from the front page would definately be more user-friendly.

--
Mike Stone