Re: xfsprogs won't build

To: Ric Tibbetts <ric@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsprogs won't build
From: Keith Owens <kaos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 18:33:37 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:40:14 -0700,
Ric Tibbetts <ric@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>There isn't even an e2fsprogs-devel package available for intel. At
>least not that's included on the CDs.
>A check at rpmfind turns up several of them, from lots of distributions,
>but not Mandrake. At least not at the correct revision level, and
>platform.
>I did manage to find one that looked close. So I grabbed it.
>The result of installing it via:
>
>> rpm -ivh e2fsprogs-devel-1.19-1.i586.rpm

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 22:42:15 -0700,
Ric Tibbetts <ric@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Ok... the build just died on:
>
>gcc: /usr/lib/libuuid.a: No such file or directory
>make[1]: *** [xfs_db] Error 1
>make: *** [default] Error 2
>
>So we're back to the uuid problem. Any thoughts?

Do not install binary rpms from other distributions.  Get the ext2
source rpm for mandrake then build from source.  Remove all the
existing ext2 packages and install from your just compiled binary rpms.
There is no point in guessing what some other distribution has done for
uuid.