acl's

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: acl's
From: David W Dougall <davidd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:36:45 -0600 (MDT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I have just downloaded and compiled the linux-xfs cvs code as of April 24.
I am having trouble setting acl's on the xfs filesystems.  Whenever I run
the chacl command, I get the following error:

# chacl u:david:r-x .
chacl: error setting access acl on ".": Invalid argument

I have included acl support in the kernel.  Do I need to give a special
mount option to have acl support?  Do I have to have a special option when
I create the xfs filesystem?  I am unfortunately clueless about most of
the internals of xfs.
Please advise.
--David Dougall