XFS - Performance Optimazation.

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS - Performance Optimazation.
From: "C.G.Senthilkumar." <senthilkumar.cheeta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:35:33 +0530
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
        I'm including the XFS filesystem into my Linux kernel. The
Kernel will
be running a video application and hence handle huuuuugggge files and I
need a very high transfer rate. (I can hear you asking, Why else one
would use XFS.)

        I understand that currently XFS on Linux supports a max. block
size of
4KB and extent size upto 1GB.

        I'd like to know what is the optimal block size and extent size
combination with which I can get the highest transfer rate. Any answers
and leads to other sources of answers will be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks for your time and efforts.

Warm Regards,
C.G.Senthilkumar.