Re: stupid article

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: stupid article
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 20:44:08 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 11:26 23-4-2001 -0700, you wrote:

http://www.freeos.com/articles/3933/

<quote>
Of all the journal filesystems available today, ReiserFS, is the most
developed under Linux. While IBM's JFS and SGI's XFS have been around a
lot longer, they are still in an prenatal stage as far as the Linux OS
is concerned. Ext3 has also quite a way to go. So, for now, our choice
of a journal filesystem is ReiserFS.
</quote>

The article also appeared on linuxtoday.com :-(

Now, i'll not discuss the affirmation in itself, because it's an obvious
false. I just wonder why such articles appear?...

--
Florin Andrei

"Bloat is not about being big. Bloat is about being slow and stupid and not
realizing that it's because of design mistakes." - Linus Torvalds

There is a response in the bottom of the page about xfs support from Bryan Smith which also says that this article is not entirely correct.

The article is probably not even based on actual practical use or even testing the available variants.

Bye
--
Seth
Every program has two purposes