Re: XFS on LVM

To: Ric Tibbetts <ric@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS on LVM
From: "Martin K. Petersen" <mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22 Apr 2001 08:48:09 -0400
Cc: Linux XFS List <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

Ric> lvm -- lvm_blk_ioctl: unknown command 0x126e

Ric> and

Ric> mkfs.xfs: warning - cannot set blocksize on block device
Ric> /dev/datavg/biglv: Invalid Argument.

I assume you merged up the kernel to beta7?  If you blindly apply the
patch generated by the LVM makefile system, you'll end up backing out
the XFS-specific changes to the volume manager.

In this case, look for BLKBSZGET and BLKBSZSET in the generated LVM
patch and put those lines back in.

LVM beta7 has a few rough edges, though, which is why I've kept the
XFS trees at beta6.  Fortunately, a lot of effort is going into fixing
LVM in general right now.  Once I fell comfortable with the changes,
I'll sync up our development tree.

The 1.0 tree will remain at beta6, however...

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/