Re: Lost mail to the list

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lost mail to the list
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 16:09:58 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 08:58 5-4-2001 -0500, you wrote:
> I sent a email earlier today to this list.
> However I have not seen this message back on the list.
> It is however archived. So where is it? Stuck in some mqueue around the world
> ?
> I already received mail from others that came after mine.
>
> http://linux-xfs.sgi.com/projects/xfs/mail_archive/0104/msg00134.html
>
> Bye
> --
> Seth
> Has anybody seen my lightbulb?
> I _really_ need some light here.

I did see your message, so something in the mail system is on a go slow
probably.

I think the recent spate of oopses is all coming out of one code change,
I have been running tests, but so far do not have a fix which works over
NFS and locally....

The weird part of my oops is that the only thing I do is "cd" in to the xfs fs and out of it and then unmount it. It should never oops if there has been NO activity on this fs.

Maybe that is the problem.
It works ok when:
mounting it without options
using it
unmounting.

It barfs when:
mounting it with logbufs=8,logbsize=32768 (came out of the faq, shouldn't it be logsize ???)
doing nothing or touching a file
unmounting it oopses (umount gives a segmentation fault)

As far I can see it has something to do with the mount options.
Let me try it with other options.

Steve

Cheers