Re: XFS in RHL 7.1

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS in RHL 7.1
From: Juha Saarinen <juha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:46:31 +1200 (NZST)
Cc: "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Russell Cattelan wrote:

> Hmm why is  a  big problem?

Because people will use gcc 2.96 instead of kgcc? ;-)

> RH also shipping compat-egcs aka kgcc.
> Which is what we are currently building with.
>
> Steve has a kernel running using RH 2.96 compiler, (with a few code tweaks)
> So this will be fixed in the future, but we have to be careful to work with
> other versions of the compiler as many people will not be using RH's version
> of gcc to compile.

Yep, saw Steve's message. I haven't had very many problems with 2.96
myself (compiled X, KDE 2.1.1, the kernel and modules, glibc) and the
system is stable. Have heard of a few mishaps though, so...

--
Regards,

Juha

PGP fingerprint:
B7E1 CC52 5FCA 9756 B502  10C8 4CD8 B066 12F3 9544