NFS+RAID5 oops

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: NFS+RAID5 oops
From: Matteo Centonza <matteo@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 10:34:50 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dear All,

congratulations for the great work. This oops refers to the PR 10 as
of 2001-03-21. My test system (RH 7.0) has three ide disks:

WDC AC36400L (6.4 Gb)
QUANTUM FIREBALL540A (540 Mb)
QUANTUM LP120A GM120A01X (120 Mb)

on a dual channel controller (ASUS P2B motherboard, Celeron 400 Mhz)

in raid 5 configuration (XFS, no mount or mkfs options used). I've run the
bonnie++ test (v. 1.01) without problems (except for the poor rating ;-)).

I've NFS exported and mounted (locally through net loopback) my RAID5
partition and while i was copying a file bigger than the remaining
filesystem size, the oops (repeated twice, output through ksymoops
attached) arose instead of the "no space left on device" error.

hope this helps,

M.C.