Re: XFS prerelease 0.10 test2 images Thank you sirs ...

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS prerelease 0.10 test2 images Thank you sirs ...
From: "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:58:44 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-xfs-announce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

Russell Cattelan wrote:
> Just a quick note:
> The rpms have been regenerated to the latest state of
> the XFS tree.
> This was primarily to pick up the lvm 0.9beta6 stuff,
> be a few bugs have also been squashed in the last few days.
> Everything but the iso image has been regenerated.
> Eric is working on enforcing a package order for the installer
> that will reduce the number of times the CD's need to be swapped.
> Once that is working a new iso image will be made available.
> ftp://linux-xfs/projects/xfs/download/PreRelease-0.10-test2/

Gentleman --

Just wanted to thank you for your time and dedication.  This release
for Wolverine will go into immediate production for some test
systems at home (I'm writing a HOWTO for a firewall device based on
2.4) as well as a few test workstations at work (we just had 6
consultants contracts expire, so I've got a nice 6 x 1GHz cluster to
build ;-).

Just let me know if I can be of any [small] assistence in the future
(packaging, documentation, etc...).  I don't have kids and need to
keep my time occupied.  ;-PPP

-- TheBS

P.S.  Okay, I'll come clean.  I've got an "ulterior motive" in
addition.  I need some meeting space for my LUG
(http://www.elug.org), of which, has detracted from my time for the
past few weeks (as I've been more active looking for a place -- as
well as getting our web site/content rebuilt to show).  I was hoping
I could build a little "influence" with some of you guys at SGI, and
maybe get you'all to host a meeting or two.  Again, I'm coming
"clean" (although understand this is NOT the reason why I was ever
interested in helping the XFS project -- which is heavily
work-related being a company that relies on Linux NFS servers).
Anyone know anyone at the Orlando office in the central Florida
Research Park?

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith         chat:thebs413 @AOL/MSN/Yahoo
Engineer     mailto:b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx,thebs@xxxxxxxxxxx