Re: Convert base ext2 partition to xfs

To: Luc Lalonde <llalonde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Convert base ext2 partition to xfs
From: Ben Ford <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 19:30:31 -0800
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Luc Lalonde wrote:

Hello Folks,

The section on how to convert the root partition from ext2 to xfs is
missing from the FAQ...so here we go:-)

I've converted all my partitions to xfs except the root partition.  I've
done the others by moving stuff around with a spare partition that I
have.  I'd like to do the same with the root partition however, I'm not
able to copy the contents of /proc.  If I just create that directory
will the proc filesystem recreate itself automatically?

Cheers, Luc.
P.S. Keep up the good work.

/proc is a virtual filesystem. It doesn't really exist, the /proc interface is really just a window into the kernel internals. In short, yes, just make the dir and use fstab to mount it.

-b