Re: Moving IRIX disk to Linux

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Moving IRIX disk to Linux
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:24:04 -0600
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dave Sill wrote:

> [Please reply only to the list.]
>
> Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Maybe you need to add irix partition table support - I am not sure this
> >was done in the pre-release kernels.

It is in fact turned off in the kernel RPMS... we'll turn it on in the
next spin.

> OK, how would I go about doing that?

Go to /usr/src/linux and run make menuconfig, or make xconfig, and
configure your kernel with Advanced Partition Selection and SGI
partition support turned on... then recompile your kernel & install.
(http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO.html)

Of course you'll have to go through all the other config options as
well... I can send you a .config to start with if you'd like.

-Eric