Re: XFS prerelease 0.10 test2 images

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS prerelease 0.10 test2 images
From: Chris Croswhite <ccroswhite@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 23:00:26 -0800
Cc: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-xfs-announce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

I have tried the iso image. However, everytime time I place in disc one of RH7.0, the installer indicates that the wrong disc is installed. I have inserted disc 2 of RH7.0 also to no avail. Am I missing/using something here?

TIA,
Chris

Eric Sandeen wrote:

Russell Cattelan wrote:

Everything but the iso image has been regenerated.
Eric is working on enforcing a package order for the installer
that will reduce the number of times the CD's need to be swapped.

I have regenerated the ISO & uploaded it to:

ftp://linux-xfs.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/PreRelease-0.10-test2/iso/

and

ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/PreRelease-0.10-test2/iso/

The install should now have fewer CD swaps:

boot sgi disc
swap to rh1 disc
swap to sgi disc
swap to rh1 disc
swap to sgi disc | <= Only if you selected
swap to rh1 disc | <= "everything"
swap to rh2 disc

-Eric