XFS and Kernel 2.4.2

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS and Kernel 2.4.2
From: GCS <gcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 02:12:53 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

Anyone could make XFS with the newest kernel (2.4.2)? I tried, but the module
support is broken. All of the modules give me unresolved symbols (even very
basic ones like printk()). Ok, I said compile everything into the kernel, and
so I did. I have support for XFS, but I can not use it. When I create the
filesystem on /dev/fd0 I get:
mkfs.xfs: warning - cannot set blocksize on block device /dev/fd0: Invalid
argument
meta-data=/dev/fd0               isize=256    agcount=1, agsize=4096 blks
data     =                       bsize=4096   blocks=360, imaxpct=25
         =                       sunit=0      swidth=0 blks, unwritten=0
naming   =version 2              bsize=4096
log      =internal log           bsize=4096   blocks=1200
realtime =none                   extsz=65536  blocks=0, rtextents=0
mkfs.xfs: device_zero write failed: Invalid argument

The last line should be a crash, as I can not mount the floppy, the good old
message (mount: wrong fs type, ...) shows up. Check with xfs_repair:
xfs_repair: warning - cannot set blocksize on block device /dev/fd0: Invalid
argument
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
bad primary superblock - filesystem mkfs-in-progress bit set !!!

attempting to find secondary superblock...
.Sorry, could not find valid secondary superblock
Exiting now.

So mkfs crash in the middle of the creation. Any workaround maybe?
Thanks, Laszlo