Re: Besides the patched kernel and commands, what else is needed?

To: thebs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Besides the patched kernel and commands, what else is needed?
From: "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 08:51:49 -0500
Cc: Thomas Graichen <thomas.graichen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
"Bryan J. Smith" wrote:
> Well, my RPM .config files are based on the PR 0.9 release RPMs
> (with IDE compiled-in, instead of a module, and SysReq/ksymoops
> removed).  So it's a module (I assume no one will use XFS on their /
> or /boot partitions at this point).
>
> So, I can just rebuild mkinitrd-2.8-1XFS.src.rpm from PR 0.9?  Or
> have there been patches that are newer?  FYI, I know RedHat 7.0.91
> comes with mkinitrd-3.0.6 (but I assume that is not patched).
> Again, will just the rebuild mkinitrd-2.8-1XFS from source do?

Another thing, my ultimate goal is to use the existing PR 0.9
Ananaconda installer mod to install this new kernel as part of a
modified RedHat 7.0 distro.

As such, it would be nice to have a spec file that can build the
"cmd" tree into a single RPM like "xfs-cmds-1.0.5.*.rpm", instead of
the separate acl-, attr-, dmapi-, xfsdump-, xfsprogs-*.rpm(s).  I
guess I could adapt/piece-together the xfs-cmds-1.0.5 spec and
makefiles file and the various directories, or does someone see an
easier way?  [ Maybe I'm looking at this wrong? ]

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith, Engineer                  CONTACT INFO
 Chat: thebs413 @ AOL/MSN/Yahoo (see http://Everybuddy.com)