Re: non-root X (was: Mouse detection with graphic installer)

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: non-root X (was: Mouse detection with graphic installer)
From: Russel Ingram <ringram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 05:08:40 -0700 (MST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I almost forgot, I also ran into another problem once I did get the
installation done.  I know what causes this but haven't found a way to fix
it yet.  Once the system is installed the only person that can start X is
the root user.  Its a permissions problem that stems from having a
different device name for the console than what XF86 is expecting.  I had
the same problem when I was compiling 2.4.0-test? kernels for my systems
and finally just stopped compiling in the new devfs.

--
Russ Ingram
Gargoyle Computer Consulting