pre-release

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: pre-release
From: Luc de Louw - Mailonlyuser for the SGI xfs mailinglinst <luc-xfs-ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 01:00:14 +0100 (CET)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

I just read the announcement of Pre-Release 0.9

what means that? does it mean, the beta-state will be ended soon and xfs
for linux will be stable for production?

2nd question: would xfs be included in linux 2.5? or even in a later
2.4-release?

whats about the other journaling fs'es?

is it possible to patch a kernel allready patched with IBM's jfs?

I hear about the a lvm comming with xfs that would have about the same
funcionality like the lvm of SGI's lvm and IBM's AIX-lvm

does that lvm work with other fs'es? (ext2,3 jfs, reiserfs, whatever-fs)

I'm sorry to bug you with that questions, maybee hundreds of other ppl
made these question, but I think this is very important, that all the new
journaling fs'es work togther very well....

rgds

Luc de Louw