Re: Newbie wanting to try it out

To: Mark Hounschell <markh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Newbie wanting to try it out
From: Jason Walker <unseen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:02:52 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Linux-XFS <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Comments: SoVerNet Verification (on garnet.sover.net) [192.168.1.3] from pm1a3.stj.sover.net [209.198.94.3] 209.198.94.3 Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:02:06 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Mark,

        The CVS tree is currently at 2.4.0.  Perhaos you could use that. I have
not used the CVS snapshots, so I don't know what version they are at now.
the cvs tree is the userspace tools *and* a XFS-patched kernel source tree.
that makes life easy.  Out of curiosity, what about reiser didn't you like?
I ran it for many months without a hitch, however, the recovery times
seemed a bit long at times, and they didn't come out with patches
consistantly/fast enough.  the XFS developers have been *very* good at
keeping on top of that, of which I am very impressed (XFS developers reading
this: THANKS GUYS! :) have fun moving from reiser to XFS :)

Jason Walker / RegEx