ADD 804570 - The elevator bug

To: nb@xxxxxxx
Subject: ADD 804570 - The elevator bug
From: pv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (raa@xxxxxxx)
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 06:45:04 -0800 (PST)
Cc: raa@xxxxxxx, huovinen@xxxxxxx, cattelan@xxxxxxx, mann@xxxxxxx, tbd@xxxxxxx, rrl@xxxxxxx, alaffin@xxxxxxx, cbrady@xxxxxxx, eac@xxxxxxx, hasib@xxxxxxx, coreym@xxxxxxx, steiner@xxxxxxx, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
 Submitter : coreym                    Status : open
 Assigned Engineer : nb                Priority : 3
*Modified Date : 01/17/01             *Modified User : raa
*Modified User Domain : sgi.com       *Description :
I ran rwtest on a xfs-linux filesystem on the machine permit:

rwtest 100000000:/mnt1/file_1 >/tmp/file_1.out 2>&1 &

This caused df, ls -l, fdisk, and top all to hang.

Permit is running Redhat 6.2 with a 2.4.0-test5 kernel

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (ADD)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (ADD)