Re: Can't get initial console

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Can't get initial console
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:00:11 -0600
Cc: utz lehmann <xfs@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Marcelo E. Magallon" <marcelo.magallon@xxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > hi
> >
> > i have the same problem:
>
> OK I am going back to try and reproduce this here, I think I know how
> to I was building the kernel when I hit it.

Yep, this was very simple to hit, running with /dev inside of XFS appears
to be part of it - I am running on an ide root, not sure how that factors
in to it. I suspect a problem in dev handling inside XFS, so a workaround
would be to run devfs with the mount at boot time option (ok I know that is
not always an option) or a non-xfs /dev directory in some other way. If you
have redhat 7 devfs is not actually painful to get going.

Steve