TAKE - build

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: TAKE - build
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:14:31 +1100 (EST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
This reworks the base commands package build.  This is modelled
quite a bit on the e2fsprogs build and rpm packaging - generates
xfsprogs and xfsprogs-devel rpms.

The xfsprogs and xfsdump packages conflict with the (now defunct)
xfs-cmds package.  The xfsprogs code is pretty much complete and
ready for the 1st real XFS release.  All experimental interfaces
(unofficial extended attr & acl syscalls, etc) are separated out
into their own packages now (they are not xfs-specific at all).

NB: to build from source, there are now separate "make install"
and "make install-dev" targets in all packages and note that
some packages have dependencies on others (xfsdump requires attr
and xfsprogs files to be built and installed, for example).

The remaining things on my list are the dmapi package (discussing
with Dean now) and the stress tests - I'll knock this off tomorrow.

cheers.

Modid:  2.4.x-xfs:slinx:82287a