TAKE - build

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: TAKE - build
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:51:26 +1100 (EST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
This fixes a nasty little problem when building the user tools.
We use $GZIP to allow an alternate gzip path - unfortunately,
$GZIP is magic to gzip (default options), and is set by default
in some distros (to do max compression by default - Daniel came
across this doing testing on a recent version of Suse).

We now use $ZIP and I've audited the man pages of the other build
tools we use - I don't think we'll be bitten by this again.  Its
probably a good idea to do a "make realclean" before your next
recompile of the user tools.

cheers.

Modid:  2.4.x-xfs:slinx:80342a