RE: XFS with ReiserFS

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: XFS with ReiserFS
From: Russel Ingram <ringram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 01:21:04 -0700 (MST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Scott Smyth wrote:

> Hi;
>
> Here are some preliminary patches to get reiserfs
> into the XFS tree (not the beta cvs tree) for an
> alpha version of 0.9 LVM.  They all applied cleanly
> for me on linux-2.4.0-XFS-test10 as of yesterday
> morning.
>
> Sincerely,
> Scott

Thanks a billion for the info and patches, guys.  It worked and you save
me loads of time.  By having support for both filesystems in the kernel I
was able to switch from reiserfs to xfs without having to go through an
intermediate stage of ext2.  Now all I have to do is figure out why my
modules have stopped loading at boot time.  I went from 2.2.16 to 2.4.0
kernel so I'm guessing it actually has to do with either the modutils
version I have or with the new devfs.  Anyway, thanx guys.

Russ