Large files

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Large files
From: gigo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:49:10 +0200 (MDT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
 Hi,
I'm a newbie in this field, so my question will seem dummy for many,
think. I've just compiled xfs into my kernel, because I need to operate
on large data files. First thing I've done after mounting my new xfs was:
> dd if=/dev/zero of=BIG_FILE
Great. Now I have file, that I can not stat even (so rm does not work, he
he). So, how can I use large files, since maximum filesize in linux is
limited to 0x7fffffff ??? Just increasing this number in kernel sources
isn't the best idea, is it ??? Thanks in advance,
Grzegorz Wieczorek