GCC Issues

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: GCC Issues
From: Andrew Edem <aedem@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 14:20:56 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
OK, I really want to use XFS. I've got an SMP system, (dual 733 PIII's),
and a 45 GB drive on a Promise UDMA 100 controller.

The problem is this, after compiling with GCC 2.95.2 (on Debian woody),
processes hang when accessing the XFS disk. So, I RTFM, and got EGCS
1.1.2, which only compiled after some serious hacking to the libio code,
which was rediculous, because I didn't need C++ anyway. I then boot with a
kernel compiled with GCC 2.91.66, and my machine hangs because of the USB
drivers. This might be related to SMP, MPS, or something of the
sort. Anyhow, I tried again with GCC 2.7.2.3, and the kernel doesn't even
compile, the assembler pukes. Any ideas?

-Andrew