xfs_repair problem

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: xfs_repair problem
From: "Armando Navarro" <qoajnv@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:50:08 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Sir:
I have installed the beta release of xfs for linux as a patch on 2.4.0-test5 kernel. I have compiled succesfully the kernel and the xfs tools.
I tried to read an old IRIX xfs disk. The problem is that by a mistake the disk was signed by NT, so the first sector is corrupted.
I tried to use the xfs_repair utility.  A bad magic number in first superblock is found, so the program tried to find a secondary superblock. xfs_repair says that a candidate secondary superblock was found but it could not verify it.

Is there any possibility to repair the disk with xfs_repair?

Thanks in Advance
Armando Navarro
Facultade de quimica
Departamento de quimica Organica