Re: XFS filesystem corrupts on umount

To: "Russel Ingram" <ringram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS filesystem corrupts on umount
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:39:14 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

> On 10/10/2000 - 16:16, Daniel Moore wrote:
>
> > What type of machine is this and how much memory do you have in it?
> > I'll bet the memory allocations are failing in the log recovery.
> >
> > If this is the case, the development version has a workaround for this
> > that will solve your problem.
> >

> This had also occured to me but I had nothing to base it on.  The system is a
 486 running an Evergreen 100MHz processor with 32M RAM.

Funny, I have a guy in my office right now who is trying to kill a system with
only 32 Mbytes of ram and cannot make it happen - this is using the test cvs
tree though. Daniel, maybe the XFS recovery code from test8 should go back into
the beta tree.

Steve