Re: Re: XFS filesystem corrupts on umount

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: XFS filesystem corrupts on umount
From: "Russel Ingram" <ringram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 15:57:55 -0600
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 10/09/2000 - 15:27, Russell Cattelan wrote:

> Ok good.
> at least the log is indicating a clean unmount.
>
> Guess we have to track down what else is going wrong.
>
> BTW do you have "kio"  turned on in the mount options?
> (that option isn't supported on ide drives yet)
>
> Ok where to start.
> Send us the output from xfs_repair, maybe that will give us a starting
> point.
>
> Other questions any special mkfs options? what type of ide drive do you
> have?
> any special partitioning?

here is the output from xfs_repair

[root@godzilla /root]# xfs_repair /dev/hda4
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - zero log...
        - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
        - found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
        - scan and clear agi unlinked lists...
        - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - agno = 4
        - agno = 5
        - agno = 6
        - agno = 7
        - process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
        - setting up duplicate extent list...
        - clear lost+found (if it exists) ...
        - clearing existing "lost+found" inode
        - deleting existing "lost+found" entry
        - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - agno = 4
        - agno = 5
        - agno = 6
        - agno = 7
Phase 5 - rebuild AG headers and trees...
        - reset superblock...
Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
        - resetting contents of realtime bitmap and summary inodes
        - ensuring existence of lost+found directory
        - traversing filesystem starting at / ...
        - traversal finished ...
        - traversing all unattached subtrees ...
        - traversals finished ...
        - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...
Phase 7 - verify and correct link counts...
done

The drive is a Quantum Bigfoot 1.2G EIDE drive.  I realize that these drives
can be problematic, but I have not had any problems with them thus far with
other filesystems (I've used reiserfs and FAT filesystems on them as well as
the ext2).  The partition structure is just a plain 4 primary partition setup
as follows:

Device Size Mount
/dev/hda1  21M /boot
/dev/hda2 591M /
/dev/hda3 127M swap
/dev/hda4 474M /home

the command I gave to create the xfs fs was just a plain mkfs -t xfs /dev/hda4

Hope that helps,
Russ

Russ Ingram
Gargoyle Computer Consulting