Re: Little Problem with XFS and Debian Woody

To: Ralf Sinoradzki <sinoradz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Little Problem with XFS and Debian Woody
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 10:35:59 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Unfortunately we are somewhat debian challenged around here, i.e. we do not
have any debian boxes. Would it be possible to run strace with the /var/lib/dpkg
directory mounted on XFS and then on ext2. Since you say this is a script based
thing this may not be that straightforward, especially if vfork is
involved, strace does not follow that too well. You could try this.

strace -v -f -o /tmp/XXX failing command

>From your description it looks like we have broken operation in there
somewhere, but which one is going to be difficult to track down without
more info.

Thanks,

Steve