Re: sync crash

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>, "William L. Jones" <jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: sync crash
From: "William L. Jones" <jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:50:07 -0500
Cc: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I took another look at _pagebuf_page_io and the only time we take the WRITERAW path
is on LVM file systems.  Which probaly explains why you didn't see it.

At 10:31 AM 9/29/00 -0500, Steve Lord wrote:
> Steve,
> I think that _pagebuf_page_io called  ll_rw_block, line 1436 in
> _pagebuf_page_io, with
>   a rw value of WRITERAW which past it
> to generic_make_request which barfs on it.
> ll_rw_block nows about WRITERAW  but generic_make_request does not
> I think the may be a missing a patch?  I updated my source and ll_rw_blk.c
> is still
> the same.
> Bill Jones

Hmm, looks like I missed one, WRITERAW is really gone in test8, but we needed
to bypass getting buffers on the various lists, so I kept it in. I will take
a look.